Friday, February 4, 2011

Live The Story Interview


I recently interviewed Joseph from Live The Story.

PPND- First Off, thanks for joining me for this interview. I'm glad you guys didn't decide to call it quits.

Live The Story- Honestly, I'm flattered that you wanted to do this interview, so thank you! And the choice to keep going as a band was by far the right choice and we feel like there's an even stronger connection now than ever before. When the band was no longer apart of our lives for the 4-5 months that it was, we all realized what we have it seems like there is a good energy that is surrounding the band now.


PPND- How's Maple these days? I lived there in the early 90s when there was only a Mac's Milk and a Phantasmic Video store.

Live The Story- Hahahaha that's crazy! I had no idea you lived in Maple! It's good, a lot has changed since then. A lot more crime, home invasions, more drug problems, wasteful teens, ect. That Macs is still there, alongside several others macs in the area now. The video store however is gone.


PPND- Are you guys writing any new songs?

Live The Story- Yes! Prior to when we took a break, we started writing what we thought was the bands best stuff, but we never got to play any new songs live. We have a few new songs in the works and I can honestly say that it puts the We're In This Together EP to shame.


PPND- Do you have any plans on recording a full length?

Live The Story- If you would have asked me this question on Monday, I would have had a far more interesting answer for you... But we are recording a new EP with 5 brand new songs with a producer that were all very excited to work with. A full length will follow hopefully within a years time.


PPND- Do you have any plans on touring? I know there's one guy in Belgium that loves Live The Story.

Live The Story- That guy rules! I talked to him on Facebook chat and he's been telling me that he's been spreading the word on LTS all over his area and trying to build a scene, which I think is amazing. We do have plans to tour with some good friends (can't say who yet) but until then, we will be playing one off shows.


PPND- What bands have you guys been into recently?

Live The Story- For me personally, A Rocket To The Moon is a new love of mine... Soft, I know. But I love all kinds of music. Mackenzie will forever listen to Senses Fail and I know that Dave is really feeling the new ADTR.


PPND- What has been your favourite show that you've performed at?

Live The Story- To be honest, we have played very few shows as a band and about 3 of them were house shows/ parties and if I have to pick one, I'd say a house party we played north of Newmarket with a melodic hardcore band called River City. They were super cool dudes and made us feel right at home, also getting their friends into us. Also playing with Such Gold and Everyone Everywhere was amazing. Blake does it up good in Bdot.


PPND- What has been your favourite show that you've attended?

Live The Story- Man, so hard to say. I saw H20 at the Reverb which was a small venue in Toronto with Fireworks which was amazing! Such good vibes at that show. And of course, when I was in grade 6 I saw Saves The Day, Simple Plan, Green Day and Blink 182 at the Molson Amp in Toronto... I will never forget that show.


PPND- What band do you dream of sharing the stage with?

Live The Story- Blink 182... I can 100 percent speak on behalf of the rest of the band when I say that as well... Although Mackenzie would also add Senses Fail and I don't blame him.


PPND- What were your favourite albums of 2010?

Live The Story- I feel like a lot of garbage has been put out in 2010 and a lot of people forgot why they make music, and this goes for mainstream levels of music as well. However, Four Year Strong just cleaned house with Enemy of the World... If you don't agree, you probably don't have ears.


PPND- What can Live The Story fans expect in 2011?

Live The Story- A brand new EP, one off shows, touring, and just new everything in general. Were taking everything day by day, while at the same time were slightly planning the future of our band... Weird, I know.


PNND- Any final comments for your fans?

Live The Story- Of course, thank you to the true supporters of our band. I can say on behalf of us that we hope that you have felt a special connection with our music and hopefully it has done something for you, or filled a void in your life. We do this band because we love to and because we want to inspire and create a positive influence of as many peoples lives as possible. Without you guys, our mission as a band would not exist, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment